Senior iOS AR/VR Application Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 29, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200233814
Our team is looking for AR Applications Engineers to help us build the next generation of interactive applications for our platform. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV). As a member of our organization you will assist us in crafting future products that will delight, inspire and empower millions of people.
- 4-7+ years experience in software development.
- Track record of architecting and building complex iOS applications that are functional, beautiful and delightful.
- Attention to detail, creativity and passion.
- Proficiency in a systems programming language, such as Objective-C, Swift, etc.
- Extensive experience using iOS frameworks like UIKit, AVFoundation, Core Motion, CloudKit, SiriKit, StoreKit, ARKit, etc.
- Experience with at least one 3d application development engine (Unreal, Unity3D, etc.)
- Experience with at least one of the graphics APIs (Metal, OpenGL, Direct3D, Console, etc.)
- 3D math skills (linear algebra)
- Experience with Unix development, daemons, cross-process communication, etc
You will work on the applications and services that define the overall experience of our platforms; ultimately impacting the way our customers use our products. You will work closely with Apple's UI framework, Human Interface designers and system software teams - pushing you to think outside-the-box, and solve incredibly challenging and interesting problems in the AR/VR space. You will work with technologies such as the newly announced SwiftUI and RealityKit frameworks, UIKit and ARKit. You will have access to a wide variety of internal frameworks and services that will allow you to create applications that are deeply integrated into our operating systems.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science OR equivalent experience
- Interest or proficiency in UI/UX design
- Experience developing AR/VR applications
- Familiarity with ARKit and/or RealityKit