Job Title: Assistant - Strategy & Logistics
School Year: 2021-2022
The primary responsibility of the Assistant, Strategy & Logistics is to ensure a welcoming and efficient main office. They maintain the school's administrative systems and routines and also are the main point of contact for all external parties arriving at the school. In collaboration with the Director, Strategy & Logistics, the Assistant also will support a wide range of operational functions, from finance and student data systems, to facilities and supplies.
The Assistant, Strategy & Logistics must be able to communicate effectively with students, teachers, families, visitors, and community partners. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, extremely organized, creative and solutions-oriented, systematic, and committed to these goals.
This position is a safety-sensitive position. As a result, throughout employment this position will be subject to the Employee Mandatory Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy.
The Assistant, Strategy & Logistics will report to the the Director, Strategy & Logistics, except in schools with fewer than 400 students and there is no Director. In this case the Assistant, Strategy & Logistics will report to the Manager, Strategy & Logistics..
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Helps ensure an orderly, responsive, and friendly school.
- Greets and documents all visitors.
- Responds to concerns from students, families, and colleagues promptly and effectively.
- Manages phones, including answering calls, re-directing calls, taking messages, placing calls, and creating school announcements.
- Manages mail, including distributing received mail and making mail drops.
Student Information Systems
- Assists with the student enrollment process.
- Assists with systems for tracking student attendance.
- Manages the collection and maintenance of student, personnel, and school information (e.g., receiving forms and paperwork, tracking missing forms, managing databases, updating contact information, and keeping records current).
- Processes student applications.
- Assists with logistics and preparations for school events and activities as needed (e.g., making photocopies, setting up for events, and making phone calls to confirm attendance).
- Participates actively when needed in faculty meetings and other meetings.
Finance and Purchasing
Assists with on-site components of school financial systems, such as purchase orders, payroll records, and financial forms.
Overall School Functioning
- Assists with school maintenance and supply systems.
- Completes all necessary duties for the successful and orderly functioning of the school (e.g., hallway supervision, arrival/departure transitions, and participation in field trips) and other such duties as assigned by the Director and/or Manager, Strategy & Logistics.
As necessary, assists with duties related to:
- Facilities and property
- Human resources management
- Food and transportation
- Regulations and reporting
- External relations
- Student recruitment
- Health and safety
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous exposure to or experience in the education sector a plus.
- Experience working in an office environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and typing.
- STUDENTS FIRST: We recognize students as whole children and put their needs first in everything we do.
- COURAGE: We have the audacity to learn from our successes and failures, to try new things, and to lead the nation as a proof point of PK-12 success.
- EQUITY: We work proactively to eliminate opportunity gaps by interrupting institutional bias and investing in effective strategies to ensure every student succeeds.
- EXCELLENCE: We work with integrity and hold ourselves accountable for exemplary outcomes, service, and interactions.
- TEAMWORK: We recognize that our greatest asset is our collective vision and ability to work collaboratively and authentically.
- JOY: We enjoy our collective work and will enthusiastically celebrate our success and each other.