Location: Denver - Colorado
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for developing new and/or expanding existing EPC accounts within the Industry. This position identifies, qualifies, develops and secures Rockwell solutions at assigned/target accounts across multiple industry verticals. As well as, customizes multi-product, multi-vendor solutions from the Rockwell portfolio and our partner network to deliver economic value add to assigned/target accounts.
This role interacts and influences across all levels of the company as well as our partner network to develop differentiated solutions to meet customer needs. This position will routinely call on and develop relationships with executives at assigned/target accounts.
- Owns the account strategy within assigned accounts and communicates to internal Rockwell teams on an account by account basis as appropriate to represent Rockwell Automation capabilities, maintain established business and close new orders.
- Identifies competitive and new business opportunities. Bundles products and services to differentiate Rockwell's offering.
- Analyzes accounts and develops an account strategy and penetration plan with Rockwell field sales and distributor to increase Rockwell share position at assigned accounts.
- Develops account relationships at an executive level as well as with appropriate influencers within the customer base and understands customer applications, processes, and business model.
- Takes an active role in coaching the Rockwell and distributor personnel and evaluating their competency in the support of the industry segment as well as Rockwell Automation products and services.
- Brings the right resources to the table (Rockwell Automation and partners) to impact the customer's decision process and presents solutions to the customer (value proposition).
- Negotiates and obtains management approvals for bid investments, bid approvals, contacts terms and conditions (T&Cs) and pricing.
- Engages the Rockwell Automation account team and Senior Management to plan for and win opportunities.
- Maintains accurate assessment of target and opportunity funnel within the Dynamics Customer Relationship Management system.
- Organizes and manages a technical engagement team for identified opportunities and integrates competitive data and strategy into proposals.
- Analyzes local market information and supports on-going market intelligence, monthly sales activity reports, forecasting and ad-hoc feedback.
- Utilizes territory and regional resources to provide appropriate technical expertise to the customer. Coordinates with Rockwell Automation distributors on account strategy as necessary.
- Collaborates with Customer Care team in the renewal and expansion of agreements and co-managed objectives.
- Coordinates the appropriate resources as necessary to resolve problems involving pricing, product specifications, warranties and product modifications.
- Ensures through familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental).
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
This is a summary of the position's responsibilities and does not reflect the entire scope of work expectations.
- Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline. Additional business related degree/experience preferred.
- Prior experience in technical sales or marketing in the industrial automation industry with a background in the identified industry segment:
- Sales Business Developer Level 3 - 5 years
- Sales Business Developer Level 4 - 8 years
- Sales Business Developer Level 5 - 12 years
- Experience working with all levels of an industrial automation plant (customer) including VPs, plant engineers and OEM machine builders.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel greater than 50% of time.
This is a summary of the position's responsibilities and does not reflect the entire scope of work expectations.#
The total target compensation range for this role in Colorado is $153,520- $191,900 of which 80% is base salary and 20% is variable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).