Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
The Academy of Advanced Manufacturing (AAM) Business Development Lead (BDL) is responsible for driving sales growth in North America. The BDL provides sales leadership as well as consultation to the Rockwell sales organization, Channel and partners. The position works closely with Marketing, Sales, as well as other customer facing resources to ensure capability surrounding this program. The BDL will support the Business Development Manager to ensure that the AAM program execution matches the evolving requirements of the customer base. The BDL will support the BDM in successful execution of the AAM program requirements to support revenue targets. Also responsible for identifying customer technical/commercial challenges and engaging appropriate resources to bring issues to resolution. The BDL will work closely with 3rd party agency resources driving connectivity between resources and customer requirements. The BDL will be a critical resource to AAM on-going growth and expansion plans.
- Responsible for driving and coordinating AAM sales pursuits in collaboration with the sales team to qualify and close opportunities to meet revenue targets as established in AOP.
- Individual engages at accounts and opportunities by providing presentations and other activities. Has strong business acumen. Acts as a liaison between Rockwell and our customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that the program content and execution matches the evolving requirements of the customer base working with the Rockwell and Manpower respective teams.
- Supports the growth and expansion of AAM through program and/or project management with partners.
- Responsible for providing sales support functions to AAM Business Development Manager and Rockwell Automation Sales in pre and post-sales activities i.e. initial proposal development, client reports, customer deliverables, contract management and other activities as required.
- With the Business Development Manager, responsible for building, maintain and growing relationships with relevant 3rd party agency resources driving a close connection between resources recruited for AAM and customer requirements for these resources.
- Assist BDM in managing program schedules, deliverables and stakeholders including the development of sales collateral, messaging and customer facing material as required.
- Build and manage strong cross functional networks to lead key elements of AAM program - Legal, Finance, Marketing and others as required.
- Act as a resource/liaison to internal and external customers (Sales, Distributors, and external customers) for pre and post-sale activities.
- Provide timely responsiveness to customers, sales, and management with the appropriate level of urgency in delivering results.
- Possess strong executive presence to successfully articulate a message for the highest level of executives at customer organization and to represent ROK at any public relations event related to the AAM Program.
- Utilizes strong communication skills and collaborates effectively with all stakeholders.
- Ensures consist program execution between MKE and CLE AAM classes, specifically related to customer interface
- Be able to quickly drive effective resolution to customer escalations, generate commercial responses in reply, and incorporate corrective actions into the project moving forward
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant equivalent experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related fields or in lieu of a degree a minimum of 4 years working experience, preferably in Technology, Sales, Automation or other related fields.
- Typically requires 5+ years of work experience and experience in working with customers in a commercial capacity.
- Experience if consultative sales with the ability to develop business value propositions.
- Executive presence, capability to present and communicate with senior leadership in RA and customer.
- Strong presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) to various levels of customer's organization.
- Ability to interact with different levels from Rockwell Automation, Customer and Distributor organizations.
- Strategic thinking with executive selling/account management skills.
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative, team based environment.
- Self-starter with strong leadership skills.
- Work independently with minimal guidance as well as in teams.
- High energy, driven and enthusiastic about opportunities to establish and implement new approaches.
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work in parallel to achieve objectives.
- Ability to work in complex environments; and managing different customer work styles.
- Ability to balance Customer Expectations with Profitability requirements.
- Responsible for effectively influencing a multi-disciplinary team of people on behalf of customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).