Location: Columbus - Ohio
Location: Twinsburg - Ohio
Location: Cincinnati - Ohio
The Proposal Specialistis a developing leadership position within the proposal organization focused on Motor Control (MCC) solutions. The position will work closely with distributors, sales, and business unit teams to drive the proposal process. The position will include proposal writing and estimating using a customer centric selling model, in a competitive, consistent, timely and efficient manner to achieve the given business objectives. The position combines significant elements of Sales, Engineering, and Project Management. This position will fill project management duties as required.
- Responsible for development of accurate proposal estimates using standards, templates, processes
- Manages the bundling of proposal components from other businesses to create a solution for the customer
- Responsible for business forecasting
- Where needed, provide project management
- Works with distributors, sales and Business Unit resources to establish a value proposition, competitive positioning, and pricing strategies to maximize revenue and gross margin dollars while minimizing risk to the MCC Business.
- Responsible for following all company DA policies and procedures
- Responsible for the preparation of internal review documents.
- Uses creative and innovative approaches to deliver value to both customers and the company with respect to the MCC business.
- Understands the Rockwell Automation product landscape, as well as emerging technologies, and educates resources on new and innovative business solutions for our customers.
- Demonstrates expertise in applying technology to solve business problems.
- Identifies and drives process improvement opportunities to increase quality, speed, and cost productivity.
- Coordinates and manages activities, resources and costs associated with developing proposals and delivery projects.
- Five years' experience as a Field Service Engineer or other project / application engineering focused position.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Valid driver's license.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Travel will vary, but average of 50% of time.
- Proven experience in Manufacturing Operations, business consultation or equivalent
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).