Transportation Security Officer (TSO) – Part-time Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Description:
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is accepting applications for part-time Transportation Security Officers at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG). Paid, ongoing training will be provided; no experience is required.
• Pay rate starting at $17.16 per hour
JOB SUMMARY Specific duties for TSA Transportation Security Officers include:
• Screening passengers, cargo and bags for prohibited and dangerous objects and materials.
• Maintaining efficient passenger traffic flows through security checkpoints.
• Monitoring airport security measures and reporting potential vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS Applicants must meet these minimum qualifications:
• Have either a high school diploma, General Educational Development (GED), High School Equivalency Test (HiSET) or Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) credential.
• If none of the above, have at least one year of full-time work experience in the security industry, aviation screening or as an X-ray technician.
• Be proficient in English (i.e., able to read, write, speak and comprehend).
• Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. national.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
BENEFITS TSA offers an attractive federal benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and long-term care insurance; retirement plan; Thrift Savings Plan similar to a 401(k); Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; personal leave days and paid federal holidays. Other benefits may include a uniform allowance; health and wellness programs; transportation subsidies and ongoing training with tuition reimbursement. DHS is committed to employee development and offers a variety of employee training and developmental opportunities.
Click Apply to Join the Team