Server Engineering Project Manager, Apple Card and Cash
New York City , New York , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 30, 2021
Role Number: 200234988
The Apple Card and Cash team is looking for an experienced technical project manager to drive engineering projects. Our team is embedded within the backend engineering team and works closely with client engineering, external integration partners and other backend systems. You will need to scope and prepare projects from the beginning across multiple teams, handle documentation, effectively communicate project status, manage project risk, and drive continuous improvement in a fast paced organization.
- Results oriented, highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision in a cross-functional environment at detailed levels while taking account of interdependencies at higher levels.
- Strong background and consistent track record in managing software projects and adapting or building new processes.
- Effective presentation, oral, and written business communication skills with various audiences and levels.
- Ability to quickly respond to changes in business scenarios, projects and resources - adapting accordingly and positively.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate requirements brainstorming sessions.
- Effective decision-maker - balance risks and benefits for the overall good of Apple.
- Able to understand technical details and translate them to non-technical audience and vice-versa.
- Lead technical aspect of multiple cross-functional projects of various scope, providing project leadership and daily management throughout project life cycle. - Manage technical integration aspects directly with one or more external integration partners as well as internal systems. - Oversee all aspects of project information such as timelines, scope, requirements definition, sprint management. - Actively identify and resolve issues that could impact the project. - Assist management in assessing and prioritizing projects. - Distill project information to report summary and risks to management as needed. - Build positive relationships with counterparts in cross-functional internal organizations. - Navigate and execute in an environment of ambiguity and lead teams to the successful delivery of projects.
Education & Experience
Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or similar degree is a plus