Embedded Software Tools Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 30, 2021
Role Number: 200233873
This position can be located in Culver City or Cupertino. Imagine what you could do at Apple! Everyday, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If so, we are looking for individuals like you. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of audio, video and graphics support in Apple's innovative products, including the AirPods, HomePod, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, The IMG Audio organization at Apple is seeking a highly motivated engineer to join our Embedded DSP Engineering team. In this role, you will develop audio software/firmware to improve performance and realize novel audio features on proprietary high-performance embedded processors. You will work cross-functionally with hardware, algorithm, application and QA engineers to bring these features to life in products.
- Excellent coding skills in C/C++
- Strong understanding of C preprocessor and C compiler
- Familiarity with compiler toolchain design
- Experience with programmable embedded SoCs
- Experience developing and debugging software on embedded HW and simulation environments thereof
We are looking for someone who can transform the software development, debugging and integration workflow on our high-performance low latency embedded digital signal processors. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding the interaction between the compiler/build toolchain and other developer tools and environments, such as build systems, debuggers, simulators and HW. You will work with compiler developers, audio DSP software engineers and driver developers to build tools, apps and infrastructure that enables reusable code, test-oriented development, real-time debug, in order to realize world-class audio features on world-class products.
Education & Experience
BS or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- Familiarity with audio/DSP/real-time applications is a plus
- Diverse exposure to different programming languages serving embedded platforms
- Experience working with a large and complex software stack
- Experience with Python is nice to have.