Job Title: Registrar
School Year: 2021-2022
The Registrar is responsible for performing specialized clerical and technical tasks related to the registration of students, conveyance of registration-related information, and maintenance of student records and files, as well as related duties as required in the activities of the school site. This position is a safety-sensitive position. As a result, throughout employment this position will be subject to the Employee Mandatory Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy.
The Registrar will report to the Principal or designee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates assigned programs and/or activities, such as student enrollment, registration and attendance issues activities, substitutes, and travel/accommodations for the purpose of delivering services in conformance to established guidelines.
- Evaluates situations (e.g., involving staff, students, parents, the public, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Informs administrators and/or counselors of possible student credit deficiencies and/or unusual placements for the purpose of ensuring student success.
- Interprets transcripts of incoming students for the purpose of ensuring their conformance with district grading, curriculum, and course credit systems.
- Maintains a variety of files, documents, and student records (e.g., grades, transcripts, immunization dates, enrollment and residency forms, etc.) for the purpose of documenting and/or providing reliable information relative to student records.
- Performs enrollment activities for the purpose of ensuring compliance with financial, legal, state, or federal requirements.
- Collects and reviews enrollment related documentation, including but not limited to residency supporting documentation and withdrawal documentation.
- Attends regularly scheduled trainings for enrollment-related system access.
- Assists families with understanding and completing the enrollment process to fidelity.
- Participates in student recruitment and retention efforts, including but not limited to marketing and outreach.
- Proactively communicates with parents, students, and central office for the purpose of coordinating processes and resolving issues regarding enrollment.
- Researches discrepancies of enrollment information and/or documentation for the purpose of ensuring accuracy of enrollment data before final processing and reporting.
- Serves as school-level support for the annual Enrollment Audit.
- Prepares documents (e.g., student lists, transcripts, graduation/dropout reports, course enrollment, programs, bulletins, reports, memoranda, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Processes requests from students, other districts, colleges/universities, and/or employment agencies (e.g., transcripts, job verification, etc.) for the purpose of providing requested information.
- Responds to inquiries of staff, other educational institutions, the public, parents, and/or students for the purpose of providing information and/or direction.
- Serves as a resource to employees and/or organizations for the purpose of interpreting and conveying appropriate procedures required for district operations.
- Supports assigned school personnel (e.g., answers phones, greets students/parents, oversees students, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the efficient operation of the site.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous exposure to or experience in the education sector a plus.
- STUDENTS FIRST: We recognize students as whole children and put their needs first in everything we do.
- COURAGE: We have the audacity to learn from our successes and failures, to try new things, and to lead the nation as a proof point of PK-12 success.
- EQUITY: We work proactively to eliminate opportunity gaps by interrupting institutional bias and investing in effective strategies to ensure every student succeeds.
- EXCELLENCE: We work with integrity and hold ourselves accountable for exemplary outcomes, service, and interactions.
- TEAMWORK: We recognize that our greatest asset is our collective vision and ability to work collaboratively and authentically.
- JOY: We enjoy our collective work and will enthusiastically celebrate our success and each other.