Partnering with the department/branch (business) managers, the Business (Bank) Analyst serves as a liaison among business units, application providers, and IT to bring clarity to select system needs of each business unit. Specifically working with the business managers, the business analyst is responsible for collaborating and analyzing business and data processes; after fully evaluating these processes with the responsible parties, the Business (Bank) Analyst will review and assist in making recommendations for potential additional systems or use of functionality, controls, greater transparency of data, and straight-through processing. The Business (Bank) Analyst will work with the business managers to identify and implement system solutions with the necessary security to increase operational efficiencies.
- Working with managers, assists with determining the user requirements for select business processes, uncovering areas for improvement and discusses those requirements and needs with the appropriate business partners when identifying system solutions. Works with the managers to ensure that documentation is properly completed and kept up to date prior to, during, and after system changes.
- Works with the managers in defining solutions, documenting workflow and identifying the necessary system specifications required for executing system solutions with an understanding of how the function operates and the costs involved.
- Works closely with IT to translate any contextual differences that may interfere with the design process, addresses security requirements with IT and the business manager, reviews system related documentation from vendors and assists in the identification of hardware and access requirements.
- In conjunction with IT and the business manager, identifies additional data-entries to be built in to the application and flow for future reports.
- Assists in the verification when final product is accurate.
- Collaborates with business units to coordinate blending data from multiple sources for unified reporting, and works with the appropriate business partner to identify cross-functional opportunities to either simplify, or improve, current processes.
- Possesses the ability to build strong relationships within the business units and support functions so as to better understand and assist in assessing appropriate business needs.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, user testing, and project management skills.
- Strong communication and technical skills.
- Prior experience in reporting and data visualization solutions, consulting or business analysis.
- Experience with Office particularly Excel, Visio, Power BI, and Crystal Reports.
- Experience with financial reporting solutions, Oracle Cloud ERP, Salesforce, Total Vision
- Experience using Power BI or other BI software suites.
- BA or Associates degree along with a minimum of five years of relevant/related banking work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Windsor Federal Savings, an Equal Opportunity Employer, offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including vacation, personal days, paid sick time, holidays, participation in a 401(k) plan, and profit sharing.
For consideration, qualified applicants may email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Windsor Federal Savings, 250 Broad Street, Windsor, CT 06095
Keywords: banking analyst, business analyst, business systems analyst, financial analyst, senior financial analyst, product manager, product manager, planning, strategic planning, business intelligence, resource allocation, streamlining
An Equal Opportunity Employer