Computer Vision Software Developer in Test
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Mar 31, 2021
Role Number: 200235281
The Video Computer Vision org is a centralized applied research and engineering organization responsible for developing real-time on-device Computer Vision and Machine Perception technologies across Apple products. We balance research and product to deliver Apple quality, state-of-the-art experiences, innovating through the full stack, and partnering with HW, SW and ML teams to influence the sensor and silicon roadmap that brings our vision to life. Examples include FaceID, Animoji/Memoji, Scene Understanding, People Understanding and Positional Tracking (VIO/SLAM).
- 3+ years experience in test automation or related areas Strong practical knowledge of Python and other scripting language.
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, be able to describe and document clearly.
- Ability to multi-task and lead tasks with varying priorities.
- Ability to work multi-functionally with other teams and groups.
- Experience in popular Database management software, e.g. SQL Experience with tools like Xcode and CMake are a bonus.
As a Software Test Engineer in this role, you will work with world-class computer vision and software engineers to understand the algorithms you will support. You will be responsible for crafting and developing comprehensive test plans, investigating behaviors and gathering diagnostic data to track issues to their source.
Education & Experience
BS or MS CS/CE/EE (or equivalent)
- Experience with computer vision/video processing preferred Experience with image evaluation and performance testing preferred.