Network Security Engineer
Sacramento , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 31, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200234868
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Network Security is constantly evolving. How cool would it be to design and implement Network security solutions for Applications running within Apple Datacenter? In a fast paced rapid deployment model, network security should not be seen as a roadblock and without compromising Security. Apple is looking for a Network Security Engineer for the Global Network Services team to support the next generation intent based policy management system along with traditional Network Firewall devices! Our team is responsible for Network Firewall Operations for Apple's internal applications and also Software Defined Network Security strategies. Specific areas of responsibility include SDN, Firewall rules and traditional network access controls in Cloud and on premises Infrastructure.
- We are looking for a strong Networking knowledge background
- 4-5 years of experience in Managing Network Firewalls like Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX Firewalls.
- Experience in Python scripting to implement network changes.
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting network connectivity issues.
- Knowledge in Cloud Networking concepts.
- Knowledge in SDN concepts
The ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast paced environment, operate gracefully under stress, handle multiple assignments in parallel, and be self driven to be effective in an environment with little overhead. We are seeking someone who shows initiative, ability to take ownership of a problem area, and demonstrates an ability to understand the role of the group's technology in the larger context of the product and network environment. The position has cross-functional aspects and you will need to show excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Education & Experience
-Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Network certifications at expert level.
- Preferred skills:
- - Experience in using APIs to optimize work streams
- - Experience in Python and/or Go Language
- - Created Toolsets to automate and validate configurations
- - Created Toolsets to analyze and visualize data sets
- Austin, Texas is an option for location.