Software Engineer, Server
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 31, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200234148
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple's Product Engineering Systems team as a Software Engineer to build innovative applications and custom solutions that serve all Apple Employees. As member of the technical leadership team, you will play a critical role in shaping new systems architecture and technical direction for the PES organization.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality software
- Extensive experience in enterprise systems, software design and development; Working knowledge of the full SW development lifecycle
- Experience with Java and J2EE, Java 8 related technologies: Spring Framework, spring-boot, JUnit / TestNG. Strong knowledge and understanding of data structures, algorithms, design patterns, concurrency, multi-threading, scalability, fault tolerant designs, enterprise architecture and software engineering principles
- Solid understanding of data modeling and database systems including Oracle, Cassandra, other NOSQL technologies
- In-depth knowledge of technologies such as Web Services, XML, JSON, HTTP, SSL, TCP/IP, Caching solutions, application performance tuning
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented and SOA design concepts; Current experience developing and delivering RESTful application services and APIs for a Java based platform.
- Significant experience developing and implementing, and maintaining high volume web applications, developing secure web applications, and building and managing RESTful services. Well versed with the use of XML and JSON
- Experience with Apache Kafka and Apache Solr
- Familiarity with OS X, Linux, Shell Scripts
- Experience with big data pipelines using Hadoop and Apache Spark is a plus
- Experience in designing and handling systems with high performance, scalability and availability.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment on fast-moving projects
- Strong curiosity and a willingness to learn and talk about emerging technologies along with a positive and enthusiastic engagement style
PES team is looking for a Software Engineer to drive our application services and API technology. This is a hands-on role in the development of software systems to support existing and new product features. This is a great opportunity for an experienced and results-oriented person who enjoys working with cross-functional teams. In this position you will be working with a team of smart engineers to design and implement complex functionalities for an enterprise wide services solution for defect and issue tracking. You will make critical decisions affecting application design. You will recommend and deploy tools and processes to enable rapid application design, development, testing and deployment.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus 5+ years experience or MS/PhD degree plus 2+ years experience, or equivalent.