Franks International provides Casing/Drilling services on oil and gas rigs. We have over 80 years in the business with offices throughout the US and internationally. Frank’s offers competitive pay, health benefits and a 401k employer match. Join our team and become part of the Frank's family.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- The Field Hand ensures that all pre-job checks are conducted and that the full equipment package is ready for the job. Attend and participate in a pre-job briefing with field crew prior to traveling to the rig site.
- Interface, as required, with Company representative, crew pusher, tool pusher, drill crew, drilling engineer, and third parties to ensure that all well acceptance criteria for the installation have been met.
- Works as crew member during the actual installation/work.
- Ensure and assist with the safe rig up and operation of equipment in accordance with Frank’s procedures and Customer instructions.
- Assist and at times leads with employee development and training both onshore and offshore with feedback to crew pusher on the progress and level of personnel competency.
- Serves as onsite safety representative who will follow and ensure that all other personnel onsite will conduct operations in accordance with Frank’s and customer HSE procedures and policies.
- Learn and become conversant with all Frank’s philosophies, policies, and procedures including safety, quality, operational, and environmental training.
- Other duties as directed.
- Preferred skill sets include: CAM, CRT, Tong Operator, Crew Pusher, or previous oil/gas rig experience.
- PREFERRED: live within 50 miles of the Frank’s location and have reliable transportation.
- MUST be available at all times as this is a 24hr on-call position.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Drilling related operations experience preferred.
- Valid personal identification documents.
- Available to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Ability to meet physical demands of job position.
- Satisfactory results of pre-employment screening (ie background, drug/alcohol, physical).
- Regularly stand, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, and smell.
- Requires occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and exertion of force up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to see objects close, afar, and use peripheral vision is required.
- Ability to hear and take verbal direction over loud ambient noises is imperative for the safe execution of job duties. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noises.
- Works outdoors: regularly subject to cold, warm, wet or humid conditions resulting from weather or other various conditions.
- Regularly work in high, precarious places or near fumes / air borne particles.