Propagation Department Head – Yamhill Oregon
Oversee the daily production and labor details of the Yamhill Propagation facility. Work with employees across numerous departments including staffing, hiring, labor planning, training while developing programs and production scheduling, coordination, and continued communication within propagation.
- Manage, develop, train, and motivate departmental staff to ensure high quality liners.
- Promote and develop a workplace culture that focuses on safety, quality, profitability, accountability through ethical and honest decisions.
- Prioritize and organize workflow with staff, while staying within budget and guidelines.
- Administer labor details with Propagation Manager, payroll and office administration as required.
- Track and report departmental metrics for transparency and management decisions.
- Communicate with other departments and divisions to ensure clear expectations are understood through full process
- Commitment to the WC Prop department as one, while meeting goals and production expectations. Areas of focus include labor, materials, assets while focused on profitability, safety and efficiency of employees and product.
- Identify departmental needs on an annual basis with long-term capital improvements.
- Provide guidance and suggestions for long-term planning and improvement.
- Prepare evaluations as required throughout the year.
- Maintain professionalism with vendors, customers, coworkers, and organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursery operations including production, scheduling, labor management, seasonality, cultural practices, planning and timing.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and as a team.
- Proven leadership skills with ability to make decisions, supervise, train, and communicate clear expectations and follow-up with consistency and honesty.
- Experience working through personnel matters from interviewing, hiring, coaching or disciplinary action while being cognizant of company policies.
- Possess a minimum 2-year degree in agricultural sciences, business field or equivalent experience.
- Goal-orientated, self-motivated, organized, detailed individual.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office programs.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license with acceptable driving history.
- Bilingual English/Spanish helpful.
This is a full-time position. We offer a competitive benefit package that includes health insurance, 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, PTO, plus additional optional benefits.