General Equipment Operator - Utility Crew
Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for a General Equipment Operator on the Utility Crew with the Adams Maintenance Location. This is a full-time, non-exempt position, and the starting wage is $17.83 - $20.50 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Under general supervision of the Utility Crew Chief, the primary duties of this position are to perform skilled work, manual labor, and operate light- to heavy-duty maintenance equipment.
- The crew performs a variety of work from cleaning ditches, fixing cave-ins, and laying pipe to installing concrete. Also responsible for installation and maintenance of bridges, guardrails, and pipe.
- Responding to winter weather conditions and other emergencies is an essential function of this position and may require working outside of normal work hours.
- Experience in construction and concrete work such as setting forms and finishing curbs and sidewalks is desired, as well as the ability to shoot grade and lay pipe to grade.
- Must have a current Idaho Class A CDL license. If license is from another state, must be able to obtain an Idaho CDL by start of employment. Must obtain a tanker endorsement within 30 days of employment.
- Experience operating a 10-wheel dump truck is desired, experience with use of a plow and sander/anti-icing unit a plus.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Strong work ethic is required.
- Any combination of education, training or experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, may be acceptable.