Applications are now being accepted for a Sr. Designer in the Engineering Division at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. This is a full-time, non- exempt position with a starting wage of $23.74 - $35.60 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package which includes medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Senior Designer serves as a lead designer (design and plan production) for in-house design work applying engineering principles to the design of roadway, drainage, and irrigation projects.
- Provides technical expertise on roadway design aspects of projects to internal and external clients.
- The incumbent will coordinate and partner with engineers, contractors, designers, property owners, the general public, and other District employees.
- Requires considerable knowledge of roadway design, storm drainage design, and plan set preparation/production. Knowledge of engineering computer software, such as AutoCAD Civil 3D, is necessary.
- Requires considerable knowledge and experience in the design of civil engineering projects of various sizes and complexity. Good knowledge of AASHTO safety and design standards, ISPWC, and Idaho Transportation Department standards and specifications.
- Requires (4) four years' experience of design and plan production of progressively more complex projects.
- A valid Idaho Driver's license is required.
- Graduation from a technical institute with study in drafting; or associated college level technical studies is preferred.
- OR any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the required knowledge may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., April 15, 2021.