Ada County Highway District is accepting applications for a Traffic Technician in the Traffic Engineering Department. This is a full-time non-exempt position with a starting wage of $13.40 - $15.40 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package which includes medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- Under the supervision of a Traffic Engineer, the primary duties of this position are to perform technical traffic data collection and analysis work using automated and manual methods.
- Conducts traffic investigations, performs pavement marking layout work, and assists in addressing public inquiries.
- Duties of this position require an individual to work often in traffic and near construction equipment, as well as use an aerial bucket truck to place data collection equipment on signal or streetlight poles.
- The successful candidate must have good computer skills with Excel and Word experience. Must be able to follow complex instructions with minimal supervision. Basic math skills are also necessary.
- Knowledge of practices and techniques related to implementation of Part VI of Manual on Uniform Traffic and Control Devices (MUTCD) and experience in the set-up of traffic data collection equipment is desirable.
- Must be a team player in completion of duties and able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- A valid Idaho driver's license with a good driving record is required.
- OR any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., on April 1, 2021.