- Quality Assurance Production Tech (QA Tech), under the direction of the QA Coordinator and QA Supervisor / Manager, will monitor all critical quality checkpoints in a timely manner and communicate results to the production lead, production team, and QA Manager.
- QA Tech will collect product samples for lab testing; finished product and raw meat.
- QA Tech will perform and log all quality and regulatory checks as outlined in SOP’s.
- QA Tech maintains QA results and reports.
- QA Tech will reinforce workforce compliance with GMP’s.
- QA Tech verifies products are produced and packaged within specification. Communicate to shift leadership all non-compliance issues.
- QA Tech will initiate holds when necessary.
- Complete quarterly calibration verification sampling and compile third party laboratory results to submit to equipment specialist and QA Supervisor / Manager.
- Enter and send products and ingredients to approved laboratory for customer requirement testing.
- Responsible for incubation room samples and library retain samples.
- Responsible for canned product quality attribute verifications including can cuttings (appearance, texture, color, loaf, weights, etc.) as well as can evaluations and inspections.
- Responsible for verifiying plant documentation during production is filled out correctly, concurrently, and accurately
- Collecting samples for process to lab
- Perform and log all quality and regulatory checks as outlined in the SQF Manual
- Maintain recap reports in a timely fashion
- Ensure workforce compliance with GMP’s
- Verify products produced and packed are within specification
- Communicate to shift leadership all non-compliance issues
- Verify Packaging Guidelines
- Effectively communicate with workforce and management
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years prior experience in quality assurance or quality control or food science required.
- SQF training a plus; knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, Microsoft Office, Better Process training.
- Experience in the food industry and dry feeds or cereal experience preferred.