Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
- Manage a team of process engineers with industry and application domain expertise to support Distributed Control System (DCS) applications.
- Work with senior management to understand the strategic direction for the Process and Industry Sales teams. Define and implement plans to meet the needs and effectively communicate it to the GPITC team members.
- Manage team presale engagement activity in support of SSB delivered solutions and SI/SP 3rd party partner's opportunities.
- Work with sales teams as required to ensure customer engagements are successful through proper project definition and execution. Engage as necessary on customer / project escalations.
- Engage with the PlantPAx, RAIDER and other development teams to develop process application solutions for customer application needs providing Voice Of the Customer specifications through the GPITC team.
- As part of the leadership team, work with the Process Sales teams to develop and maintain internal processes to drive team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Engage with the Process Delivery team resources and develop project plans for execution as required.
- Ensure (through interface with Product Marketing, Strategic Marketing, and Development Engineering) that products meet customer expectations of functionality, ease of use, and maintenance.
- Develop, attract and retain key talent within the GPITC team.
- Work with the Sales teams to ensure alignment between target applications to the GPITC team's capabilities; create development plans as required.
- Work with the other technical resource team managers to align strategies, organizations, and procedures.
- Make sound business decisions regarding the prioritization of GPITC resources to address strategic needs as well as tactical situations that arise in the field.
- Provide performance management and development of the staff. This includes performance appraisal, career guidance and counselling, measurable goal setting, and development planning for each engineer in his/her group.
- Build relationships with employees and management in other areas, divisions, and groups within the company, including Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Product BU, Commercial Engineering, OEM teams, CSM, and SSB. Communicate, collaborate, and help with conflict resolution to promote acting as one team and achieve greater business outcomes.
- Work with the Process and Industry Sales teams to help defining strategic direction for the business.
- Respond promptly to sales requests for Customer engagement needs.
- Respond promptly to escalated Customer engagement issues and provide leadership and direction.
- Support the global sales teams (EMEA, Asia Pacific and Latin America) as required for competency needs, application questions or requests for TC support in that region.
- Establish and assure adherence to the department budget.
- Ability to travel domestic and globally.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline, additional business-related degree/experience preferred.
- Typically 10+ years of industrial and process control experience, knowledge of RA PlantPAx system and core products is a plus.
- Typically 5+ years management experience leading an engineering or technical team.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
This is a summary of the position's responsibilities and does not reflect the entire scope of work expectations.
The total target compensation range for this role in Colorado is $124,000-$150,000 of which with a 8% annual bonus potential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).