Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
This position provides project management execution of strategic plans that support growth, productivity, capacity and globalization of our manufacturing capability. Leading projects with Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) Leadership, Business Unit Leaders, Finance and Global Real Estate to execute plans and schedules in adherence to business cases. Scope of projects include executing manufacturing footprint initiatives (product line moves, factory expansions and startups, insource/outsource), merger and acquisition integration into manufacturing, cross functional manufacturing engineering programs, and the development and standardization of business processes. Responsible for understanding and managing expectations of internal & external stakeholders to achieve project success and strengthen the manufacturing engineering organization.
Business Group: Integrated Supply Chain (ISC)
Scope of responsibilities:
- Manages execution of assigned projects and teams within schedule, budget and customer service targets.
- Manages and reports all financial aspects of assigned projects.
- May apply complex and advanced project management and scheduling techniques.
- Serves as the primary ISC interface with other Rockwell Automation functions and entities for assigned projects.
- Leads cross-functional projects and coordinates activities with support teams and other functions.
- Coaches and develops resources assigned to projects.
- May lead internal process improvement efforts.
- Responsible for resource scheduling to meet project plan requirements.
- Supports an environment conducive to successful team interaction.
- Ability to work independently and in a project team environment.
- High energy and enthusiasm.
- Responsible for the plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing for projects which are of significant and strategic importance to the corporation.
- Complete responsibility for successful outcome of projects.
- Bachelors in Engineering or Business discipline; further education in business administration, operations, or project management is a plus.
- Minimum five years' experience in manufacturing operations or engineering with project management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to gain buy-in from stakeholders.
- Very good negotiation skills.
- Very good conflict resolution and people interface skills.
- Readiness to travel (domestic and international).
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
- Possesses product, process and technology knowledge relevant to manufacturing operations.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent is desirable.
- Sixty hours of formal PMI based Project Management training is an advantage.
- Understanding of ISC's business practices (roles, finance, strategy, etc.).
- Understanding of manufacturing capabilities at each ISC site.
- Possess critical competencies as defined in the Project Manager Competency Profile.
- Depends on location of the projects.
- During project initiation phase, less than 10%
- During execution / implementation in another location, more than 25%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).