Location: Columbus - Ohio
Location: Twinsburg - Ohio
The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing a global/regional commercial strategy for targeted Strategic Account(s) identified critical to Rockwell Automation's growth and performance strategy.
In this influential role the Strategic Account Manager drives profitable sales of products, services, and solutions through articulation of Rockwell Automation's value proposition to an executive customer level with key Strategic Account's corporate influence points. Responsible for global/regional partnership in driving development and execution of commercial strategy. Provides global collaboration enabling worldwide geographic Rockwell Automation sales/support offices. Facilitate communications between the Strategic Account and the Rockwell Automation Product Groups/Divisions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Represent all of Rockwell Automation's products, solutions & services well (capable breadth), and periodically must augment skills with additional competency to support customer-critical products & services (selective depth). Create customer intimacy with all levels within the strategic account. Convey Rockwell Automation's products, solutions & services in a manner which demonstrate tangible economic value, linked to customer business drivers and key performance indicators, and based upon elements of competitive advantage, strategic positioning, shared goals & risks and profitability impact. Grow the business through active coordination and support in managing targeted opportunities and projects. Effectively promote business growth through indirect management of extended teams, affording a balanced selling effort at multiple customer levels of the Strategic Account. Must be able to team with, find compromise, and build consensus with regional sales management, during the process of leveraging extended geographic sales team. Develop a trust-based, mutually beneficial relationship with principal customer sponsors of the Strategic Account. Must mature and formalize relationship expectations and address all Rockwell Automation products & services with a growth strategy for each that maximizes "customer share" across all global regions. Quickly qualify opportunities in order to efficiently deploy Rockwell Automation resources on high potential activities. Ensure strategic account has access to all Rockwell Automation resources by establishing excellent working relationships with the product groups/divisions, geographic sales management, international and senior management. Provide the annual plan for the Strategic Account in coordination and cooperation with geographic Rockwell Automation sales/support offices worldwide and communicate this plan within Rockwell Automation including regular progress throughout the year. Work with the Strategic Account to expand Rockwell Automation's presence globally, and to deliver consistently across geographic boundaries. Must be willing to travel to personally communicate Strategic Account relationship objectives to extended teams, and to engage in strategic account growth opportunities directly with remote resources. Must model the competencies of an 'Executive Sales Professional' to sales colleagues and be a mentor when appropriate.
- Bachelor degree or four years equivalent experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Experience selling into the brewing Industry
- 5 years of experience selling control / information products into the automation process controls industry or related industry.
- Ability to travel globally
- Global sales experience preferred
- Applied experience in one or more areas related to selling control/information solutions into our Target industries, or supporting same, and/or production/process engineering experience, manufacturing operations experience or similar work, either from within the Rockwell Automation organization or in similar industry
- Ability to sell at the senior management & executive levels, and convey Rockwell Automation's products & services in a manner which demonstrate tangible economic value and quantifiable positive business outcome
EOE, M/F/Disabled Vet
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).