Thursday, April 1, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than
260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies
, WordStream, and
and U.K. media company Newsquest.
There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit
DelawareOnline.com/The News Journal is seeking a reporter who can find and tell interesting stories in our communities that show diverse perspectives in a meaningful way. We are not looking for government-based reporting, we want to deliver stories that not only resonate with our readers but attract a new audience that may not be interested in traditional coverage. The successful candidate will be a good writer and reporter who can take the pulse of a community and describe it in an interesting way. He or she must be able to clearly explain an issue and show how it may impact those beyond its borders.
Our goal is to make every story an enterprise story. Our towns and cities are full of interesting people, issues and tales that are not hand-delivered in press releases and advertisements. We want candidates who can see stories and make them come alive. Think magazine-style writing more than traditional news copy. If you want an opportunity to flex your writing muscles and help us find new audiences through story-telling, we should be your new home.
Here are some other requirements
- At least 3 years of experience at a daily news organization.
- Familiarity with digital storytelling tools and techniques.
- Outstanding core journalism skills, including writing, spelling, grammar and AP style.
- Must thrive in a competitive news market while possessing a collaborative spirit.
- Deep understanding of journalism ethics.
- Experience with social media, online metrics, third party tools and content management systems.
- Video skills
- Ability to multi-task.
- This role requires a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by state law.
HOW TO APPLY
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, dont limit your upload to a resume; show us what youve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1) Your resume one to two pages.
2) A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
3) Links to 3-5 online samples of your work. Show us what youve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled in a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Gannett Co., Inc.
is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.