AI/ML- Engineering Manager, Data Platform Siri Search, Knowledge & Platform
Santa Clara , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Apr 1, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200219781
Data Infrastructure team within the Siri organization powers analytics, experimentation and ML feature engineering to power Siri we all love in our Apple devices. The mission of the Data Infrastructure org is to provide our engineers and data scientists a cutting edge, reliable and easy to use infrastructure for ingesting, storing, processing and interacting with data and ultimately help the teams that build data intensive applications be successful. You will work with many cross functional teams and lead the planning, execution and success of technical projects with the ultimate purpose of improving Siri experience for Apple customers. We are looking for engineers who want to bring their passion for infrastructure to build world class infrastructure products. Are you passionate about building scalable, reliable, maintainable infrastructure and solving data problems at scale? Come join us and be part of the Data Infrastructure journey.
- 8+ years of experience in big data ecosystem. Example technologies include batch and stream processing (e.g. Spark, Hive, Flink, Beam), analytical engines (e.g. Presto, Druid), search platform (e.g. Solr/Lucene), tooling (e.g. Airflow, Jupyter, Superset, Tableau), and storage format (e.g. Iceberg)
- 2+ years of experience building and leading a team of highly-skilled software engineers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to collaborate cross-functionally with data science, machine learning, data platform and analytics teams
- Superb problem-solving skills, and able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Prior hands-on experience in designing, building, and scaling solutions to big data problems
- Must have strong project management skills, scrum master experience is a big plus
- Programming experience in Java, Python, Scala, or similar languages
- Passionate about latest big data technologies, open source community presence is a big plus
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Infrastructure-as-code, and data privacy & compliance is a big plus
You will be responsible for managing a client-facing team that drives user engagement with our new generation of data platform, collaborates cross-functionally with data, product management, and infrastructure teams, and provides tooling support to enable ingesting, storing, processing and interacting of data with a focus in user experience. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: - Manage, mentor, and grow a team of engineers who operate our data tooling infrastructure - Collaborate with our infrastructure users and product management to ensure success in customer engagement and onboarding of new users - Be an advocate of our tech stack, stay on top of technology advancement and explore innovation opportunities - Foster a healthy, collaborative, and technology-driven culture, and a high output team - Expected 50% time on technical work, including prototyping, problem solving with team, technology evaluation, performance tuning, architecture and code reviews, etc. - Drive technical and cross-functional projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment - Measure and improve the reliability and scalability of data infrastructure systems
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.