Re-Entry Career Coordinator
This position reports directly to the Director/Career Services and serves as the primary support
and coordinates the target population. The individual will be work at the Missouri, Jackson
County Correctional Institution, working in partnership with facility personnel to execute
employment training and job placement program.
Primary Objective: The Re-Entry Career Coordinator is responsible for providing return
citizens or presently incarcerated expected to be released within a one hundred and twenty-day
(120, career counseling/recruitment services for potential FEC clientele. The activities include
but are not limited to:
- Work effectively with persons that were formerly incarcerated to reduce public
dependency and to increase self-sufficiency.
- Will lead efforts in career counseling, job training, and job placement to support,
returning citizens/Ex-Offender populations.
- Provide job counseling, job training, and job placement to ensure a customer-friendly
the transition from intake to training to placement.
- Assist and guide clients in developing training and employment strategies that lead to
- Provides pre-employment and post-employment services to help Customers achieve their
- Conducts orientation on FEC programs.
- Conducts assessment of various FEC clientele.
- Provides follow-up services to Ex-offender Re-Entry Program to ensure retention in
training programs, employment, and that team, individual, and agency goals are exceeded.
- Ensure clients are properly enrolled into the workforce data system according to agency
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Adequate working knowledge of computers.
- Follow-up counseling technique.
- Ability to work with persons from diverse backgrounds and economic situations.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to be proactive and an effective problem solver.
- Ability to work in a cohesive fashion those in the accomplishments of goats and
objectives and results in the motivation and support of team members as well as related
- Willingness to work inside and be based within a correctional facility, with a Corrections
Officer, or personnel to execute program activities.
- Bachelor's degree in sociology or related field preferred, but not required; in lieu of a
Bachelor’s degree, the person must have significant experience working in this area.
Experience may be substituted for at least 3-5 years of work experience in providing
- Demonstrated ability to work with management, peers, and subordinates.
- Must be able to pass a background check for FEC as well as the Correctional Institution.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and auto insurance.
- Must be able to travel.
Apply online at; feckc.org. or www.Mojobs.gov or firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Central City, 1740 Paseo, KCMO
Applications accepted until the position is filled
EOE/AA/M/F/V/ADA E-Verify Employer
The Full Employment Council is An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.
Auxiliary aids and services are
available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
All voice telephone numbers may be reached by
persons using TTY/TDD equipment via the Missouri Relay Services at 711.