Reports To: Resort Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Amount of Travel Required: 15%
Job Status: Full Time
Position(s) Supervised: Maintenance Technicians
The Maintenance Supervisor will provide supervision, training and coordination of the activities in a variety of duties which may include locksmith, mechanical, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, painting, building and unit maintenance activities.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Assists in the formal and on the job training and instruction of maintenance technicians regarding proper PM maintenance methods and procedures
- Comply with all safety regulations and standards and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules, Maintenance Standards Manual, Common Areas Manual, In-suite Standards, federal/state, local code
- Reviews and inspects the work performed by the maintenance team and reports to resort manager
- Coordinates along with the Resort Manager the work schedules for team members
- Supervises the maintenance and repair of the resorts units and common area
- Assist and performs carpentry, electrical and plumbing duties as required
- Supervises and performs major PM maintenance and repairs and assures compliance to all building codes
- Assists in the maintaining of safe and proper working equipment (Pool, HVAC, Heating, Lighting and Electrical) including pool education
- Assists in the order requisitions and maintains maintenance supplies and equipment in an orderly manner for Hilltop and Suites
- Generates reports regarding the resorts general/PM schedule and progress
- Maintains inventory of assigned tools and equipment
- Complete summary schedules of work performed
- Performs weekly building /resort inspections
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed
Minimum of 2 years experience in HVAC/mechanical maintenance; or Associate/Vocational Degree in HVAC/mechanical. 5-10 years of experience maintenance and supervision. Must have the ability to communicate well with management, team and guests.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: 3 years supervisory experience in timeshare/Hotel/Resort
Computer Skills: Must have knowledge in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of direct reports.
Makes and prepares reports, and develops programs necessary for improvement of resort operations and unit and building quality.
Position may be assigned day, evening, night or weekend work schedule. Overtime may be required during special events, occupancy, holidays or emergencies. Both indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
Strenuous physical labor and heavy lifting are required at times.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Outdoor and indoor environment
Team Member Name: Date:
Team Member Signature:
Manager Name: Date:
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
. “We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”