Thursday, April 1, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than
260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies
, WordStream, and
and U.K. media company Newsquest.
There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit
NFL Insider reporter
The USA TODAY Network, which includes more than 260 local news organizations and the flagship USA TODAY, is seeking an NFL Insider reporter for a new subscription-based digital sports experience. The ideal candidate is plugged into the NFL beat with experience covering the league and teams and has cultivated a network of sources. He or she will specialize in breaking news, unique enterprise and smart analysis, surfacing this content in stories, videos and other media. The candidate must be adept in leveraging social media to drive readership and loyalty and promote the brand. He or she should have a passion for building a community of sports fans and engaging them in conversations around whats trending and whats being debated in the NFL. The ability to collaborate and work as part of a team of editors and reporters across the USA TODAY Sports Network is a must.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Experience covering the NFL and strong relationships with league and team officials, coaches, players and agents
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Ability to write breaking news, enterprise and analysis
- Ability to perform at a high level on deadline
- Ability to work not only independently but also as a key contributor to team/network projects
- Strong understanding of audience analytics and how to use them to drive content decisions
- Experience appearing on video and contributing to podcasts
- Commitment to diversity in reflecting the communities we cover
- Bachelor's in communications, journalism, digital media or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 5 years of experience working in a news organization
- USA TODAY recognizes and appreciates the benefits of diversity in the workplace. EOE.
Gannett Co., Inc.
is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.