Thursday, April 1, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than
260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies
, WordStream, and
and U.K. media company Newsquest.
There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit
Ventures Endurance, a division of Gannett/USA Today Network, is looking to hire a Social Media Manager to oversee a social media team and manage all social media for close to 100 live and virtual endurance events, including road races, obstacle course events, and cycling. This person must have experience with creating and implementing campaigns with both paid and organic social media. They will be in charge of identifying target customers, setting clear objectives, building an effective content strategy to engage the audience, increasing traffic and boosting conversions. Experience with reporting metrics necessary. This person will be joining a full marketing team in a quickly growing company. We work hard but we have a lot of fun along the way!
- Plan, design, implement and monitor social media marketing strategy and campaigns with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Collaborate with design team and social media team to create content- including text, visual, and multimedia formats
- Monitor social media trends, including developments in design, applications, strategy and innovation to stay relevant; Exploration of other avenues to drive awareness and ultimately conversions
- Track social media campaigns key performance metrics to maximize results and report progress
- Supervise team of social media associates
- Be a leader within the marketing team, including joining manager calls, relaying key information to the team, and actively participating in brainstorming sessions
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in social media marketing
- Must have experience in both paid and organic social media marketing
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask and stay organized, with exceptional time management skills
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus
- Knowledge and/or passion of the endurance industry a plus, but not essential
For serious consideration, please include a cover letter with your application.
Gannett Co., Inc.
is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Social Media Marketing