Summer Dock Attendant
Temp/Fulltime 40hr wk, 3-6 months
For more info and to apply go to: www.portofbellingham.com
Closes 4/5/21 at 5PM
The Temporary Dock Attendant assists in operating Squalicum Harbor at the Port of Bellingham by providing exceptional customer service to all Port patrons. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; providing dockside customer service and ensuring all facilities are clean and safe.
Freedom to take independent action is limited. Activities are generally routine or repetitive and covered by well-established procedures, practices, or processes.
- Provide excellent, friendly customer service on and off the docks.
- Conduct frequent dock checks for maintaining current information regarding the status of all guest moorage.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness and safety of marina docks, upland walkways, Harbor Office, restrooms, parking lots and other designated areas.
- Assist visiting boaters with docking and securing vessel.
- Drive a passenger shuttle van to the immediate Bellingham surrounds.
- Assist Port Staff with a variety of Port equipment including the Harbor skiff.
- Personal appearance must be clean, neat and well groomed.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Experience in customer service, marina operations, small boat handling, and commercial fishing or local cruising is desirable. Must possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to act as an ambassador to the community. Strong knowledge of the Bellingham area and surrounding communities and attractions. Must have a good driving record. Must have excellent communication skills. Must have the ability to hear, speak, and understand the spoken English word. Ability to hear alarms and audibly identify dangers or hazards. Experience in custodial/janitorial service is desirable.
This position requires physical labor, as well as working in the elements. Candidates must be able to bend, stoop, kneel push, pull and lift.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Application materials are available by contacting the Port of Bellingham at 1801 Roeder Avenue, Bellingham, WA by calling 360-676-2500 or visit our website at www.portofbellingham.com. All application materials are due at 5:00 p.m., Monday, April 12, 2021. Interested individuals must complete the standard application form. THIS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY. Applicants with Disabilities: As provided for under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Port will provide reasonable accommodation during an examination or testing process. To request assistance, contact the Human Resources Department at 360-676-2500. The Port of Bellingham is committed to a smoke free environment. Job candidates must be able to operate effectively in this work environment. Applicants who are offered employment will be required to provide proof of U.S. citizenship, permanent residence status or employment authorization, and proof of identification (photo I.D.). This requirement is the result of the Federal Immigration Reform and Control Act.