Network Project Manager
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 1, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200235192
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your career and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Join Apple's Enterprise infrastructure PMO team, within the Information Systems and Technology group, as a Technical Project Manager. Be involved in exciting and fast paced projects, that support Apple's business by providing on-time delivery of real estate and engineering projects!
- 6-10 years of overall project management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work passionately with multiple technical and business teams
- Strong experience in multiple vendor management
- Self-motivated, highly interested in process improvement, innovative and have a successful track record of leading concurrent projects
- Able to assess & mitigate risk, handle change, and work in a very fast-paced environment
- Goal-oriented and organized. Pride in ownership and doing your best work
- Experience in team leadership or mentorship
- Proficient in basic office applications on Mac environment, as well as Excel and web enabled conference meetings
Do you enjoy leading a number different types of projects, as you build mutually beneficial relationships? Do you put pride into delivering those projects while helping drive project improvement and efficiencies? Come join our team. On our team, you will manage numerous projects that deliver the network infrastructure to new or existing Apple corporate offices, or support engineering projects, on time and within budget. Demonstrate ownership by accurately communicating status of the projects, going yellow or red when needed. You be responsible to work with business, technical teams and multiple vendors during the full project lifecycle. You will identify and mitigate risk, maintain appropriate documented details on issues. Be able to zoom out to the big picture, and identify process improvement opportunities. You are expected to be self-motivated, pro-active, solution and detail oriented, and act as a liaison between various functional units. You will work effectively with geographically distributed teams, be customer focused and flexible. You must recognize that building effective relationships with business partners and technical teams will ensure success.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or information management plus 6-10 years experience, or MS degree plus 5-7 years experience, or equivalent work experience.
- - Experience in construction projects is a plus.
- - Presentation and Metrics skills.
- - Able to "read" the corporate culture and adapt strategy to be most effective on a project by project basis.