Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 1, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200232609
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Infrastructure Services Software Development team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated and hard-working engineer to join a diverse, fast paced and high-energy team! We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer to build high quality, scalable and resilient distributed systems that power the analytics platform and data pipelines. You will develop some of the key components of the platform, collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, and mentor junior members on the team. You are highly experienced and battle tested, a lead or core contributor on data processing projects. You will contribute to key and innovative technology which supports major Apple applications, with all the scalability and high-availability requirements that it entails.
- 4+ years industry experience in the field of data
- We are looking for proven experience designing and implementing scalable, performant data pipelines, data services, and data products.
- Programming experience in building high quality software. Skills with Python, Shell, Perl preferred as this is a hands-on position writing code
- Proficiency in MPP/No SQL databases like Redshift or Snowflake in large scale environments
- Strong SQL writing skills
- We are looking for comfortability working with noisy, dirty and unstructured data to cleanse, scrape and convert it into structured data
- Ability to evaluate, benchmark and improve the scalability, robustness, efficiency and performance of big data platforms and applications
- Experience building reports using tools like Tableau, Microstrategy
- Demonstrate ability to work well independently and within a fast-paced, collaborative environment
In our team, you will be responsible for building big data platforms using a combination of integration frameworks and Big Data processing technologies. A strong understanding of distributed systems and experience in using open source framework to build applications is required. As a senior member of the team, you will take ownership of individual platform components and help set the vision and architecture for it. In the process, you will identify the requirements of new features, propose designs and drive the solution.
Education & Experience
B.S or M.S in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent work experience.
- - Strong aptitude for learning new technologies related to Data Management and Data Science.
- - Knowledge in engineering machine learning, feature engineering systems is a plus
- - Experience with Kafka and Spark is a plus