Senior Network Engineer
Sacramento , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 1, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200234496
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Come join the Network Team that support Apple's Global Data Centers and Edge Sites! We're a team of seasoned professionals that provide network design, operations and software development support. Our team directly influences daily operations of iTunes, iCloud, Maps, Siri and other Apple's other internet facing services in order to maximize durability and availability. We are growing and building the fastest and most reliable networks that's needed for Apple's scale and unique needs! This candidate will work on both strategic and tactical levels with Engineering, Planning and Platform teams to deploy network solutions. The candidate will often work on projects that are in secretive nature, and requires development of new solutions. You will often get to work with Business Teams directly. This person will need to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and deliver solutions across a complex network. Must be a collaborative teammate and participate actively in network discussions and solutions.
- We are looking for at least 5 years of Network Infrastructure background
- Strong background in Cisco, Arista, Juniper etc routing/switching and firewall configuration
- Experienced in leading complex network projects
- Familiarity with Data Center Infrastructure
- Ability to cut through ambiguity
- Strong understanding of BGP and TCP/IP
- Strong troubleshooting skills and proven track record of getting your hands dirty to fix network problems.
As a member of our Network Deployment team within Global Network Services - Data Center, you will work with many cross-functional partners to deploy network infrastructure across the globe in Apple's Data Centers and Edge PoPs. At times, you will need to develop the solution, test it, and implement it on production network. You will work closely with the teams that develop automation and software to develop solutions for automating every aspect of deployment. You will sometimes need to work with platform and application teams to understand their unique needs to either develop new solutions or guide them to existing solutions. You will often be asked to help qualify new network products.
Education & Experience
-BS or equivalent work experience
- - Unix/Linux skills preferred
- - Experience in large scale networks is a plus
- - Ability to code in Python is a plus
- - Ability to code in C or other languages is a plus
- - Understanding of Puppet for config management is a plus