Location: Devens - Massachusetts
Performs a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications.
Responsibilitiesand Essential Functions:
- Performs a wide variety of electronic, mechanical or electro-mechanical assembly operations for semi-finished and finished assemblies across multiple product lines.
- Follows manufacturing methods and sequence of operations to build assemblies or sub-assemblies using hand tools, power tools, fixtures and test equipment.
- Performs visual inspections and tests electromechanical assemblies to specification using inspection equipment, test instruments and test programs.
- Sets up, integrates and operates automation equipment and systems.
- Reads and interprets electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including rework and troubleshooting.
- Mentors and transfers knowledge to team members as required.
- Works on customer repairs.
- Works under limited supervision on a range of assignments that require a detailed understanding of the functions within that position.
- Supports up to 3 assembly areas
- Assists in the development of methods and procedures to improve manufacturing processes and product quality.
- Mentors and transfers knowledge to more junior staff members
- Develops and or has a strong knowledge of the company procedures, processes, and policies.
- Expected to use good judgment in resolving issues or recommending solutions.
- Strong understanding of the principles, practices, and processes in the applicable discipline and has a working understanding of related fields.
- Understands and follows 5S and LEAN principles.
- Resolves problems with assistance from peers or supervisor depending on the level and complexity.
- Provides resolutions for complex problems associated with assembling products.
- High School Diploma/GED or 3+ year's assembly experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) and database entry skills.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds and work standing as needed.
- Understanding of a formal Quality Management System such as ISO9000, AS9100 or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of 5S and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).