Location: United States of America Mayfield Heights
The PlantPAx Library Development and Test engineer produces application code and documentation for the Rockwell Automation Library of Process Objects (Process Library). The successful candidate will work in conjunction with PlantPAx marketing and project management, commercial engineering, technical support and other participating Business Units in the development and advancement of the Process Library.
- Identifies anomalies, evaluates, and recommends improvements or corrections for existing Process Library components consisting of ControlLogix, HMI application code, and Application Code Manager (ACM) libraries.
- Participates in the development and testing of new Process Library content and regression testing of existing Process Library content.
- Receives requirements and technical direction from the PlantPAx Architect, industry customers and other business unit positions.
- Authors and maintains development, requirement, design, quality and test specifications.
- Authors and maintains Process Library Knowledgebase articles, contributes to and is a reviewer of user manuals.
- Develop library internal training materials for field, service, and support engineers.
- Work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Clearly communicate with peers and management.
- Provide regular status updates.
- Work with individuals outside immediate team across a matrixed organization.
- Work under pressure and adapt to changing environment.
- Possess solid training and presentation skills.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize them according to business needs.
- Possess knowledge of competitive products and their functionality in comparison to Rockwell Automation product offerings.
The base salary compensation range for this role in Colorado is $86,880-$130,100 with an annual target bonus of 5% to 8% of base salary.
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
- Bachelor of Science in a technical field (i.e.: BS Electrical Engineering, BS Engineering Technology, BS Computer Science, BS Chemical Engineering) or equivalent knowledge in process automation.
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in programming process control systems including having a working knowledge of the following Rockwell Automation products:
- Studio 5000 Logix Designer
- FactoryTalk View SE/ME
- Rockwell Automation Library of Process Objects
- Rockwell Automation PlantPAx
- Working knowledge of Virtualization / Cloud / Cyber security
- Travel as required to troubleshoot, promote, demonstrate, and train users on Process Library implementation, up to 20%.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Knowledge of and experience in industrial Batch & Continuous process control
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).