Teacher and assistant will cooperatively plan and provide enriching developmentally appropriate experience for children in groups and individually which are culturally appropriate.
* Actively advocate and demonstrate appropriate adult child interactions.
* Maintain a professional relationship with all staff and community members.
* Maintains professional standards towards creating confidential relationships with all program participants and staff.
* Assist Program Managers in planning and carrying out activities related to health, e.g., bathroom habits, safety in classroom, dental hygiene, and nutrition activities.
* Routine classroom cleaning/maintenance to ensure a safe, clean and secure learning environment for all students including playground area.
* Establish and maintain an attractive, safe, healthy, and developmentally appropriate environment for the children.
* Participates in all education programs including local and regional in-service training, advisory committee, and community education meetings as directed.
* Participates/Instructs classes at all educational related events and activities, including attending extended day and or extended week.
* Flexibility to work some evenings for trainings or parent activities.
* Participate in all Head Start trainings.
* Serve as a bus aide on regular bus runs.
* Serve as a primary caregiver for children in the classroom.
* Provide two (2) home visits and two (2) family conferences for primary families with the teacher's support.
* Participates in weekly lesson planning, observations and documentation.
* Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
* Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
* Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
* Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
* Maintains a clean and organized work area.
* Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
* Normal physical requirements with the ability to lift carry or restrain a child.
* Walking, standing, bending, stooping and sitting on the floor with children may be necessary.
* Ability to pass bi-annual physical examination.
* All vaccinations must be kept current.
* High school diploma or GED is required.
* If not already completed a CDA, AA or BA, or upon hire candidate must enroll in a CDA program to be completed within two years.
* Demonstrated experience in the supervision of children in a day care, preschool, camp or other structured setting is required.
* Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
* Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
* Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
* Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
* Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation's Personnel Policies.
* Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more.
Closing Date: April 14, 2021
Salary: $11.62 - $13.32 per hour
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
Apply to: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720
Apply online at www.fdlrez.com (or click on the ''apply'' button)