Facilities Service Desk Lead
About Seattle Pacific University:
Founded in 1891, Seattle Pacific University has a long and distinguished history in Christian higher education. Located just minutes from downtown Seattle, SPU seeks to be a premier Christian University fully committed to engaging the culture and changing the world by graduating people of competence and character, becoming people of wisdom, and modeling grace-filled community. Seattle Pacific University seeks applicants committed to its Christian mission.
As part of our mission of cultural engagement, SPU is committed to building an excellent and diverse staff and faculty. Diversity is an ethos that is inseparable from our Christian faith. At SPU, we recognize diversity as a basic feature of God's creation and a core theme of the gospel. At the heart of our mission-centered commitment to becoming a more diverse community is a desire to represent the breadth of God's kingdom more fully.
We strive to become a workplace of choice and to recruit, develop, and retain faculty and staff who can embrace, value, and engage differences with humility and care. We invite you to join us on our journey by starting a career at SPU! Learn more about SPU's commitment to diversity and opportunities for our employees to deepen their capacity to serve our increasingly diverse student body.
General Summary: Plans and coordinates maintenance and facilities services activities in support of university programs. Responsible for accounts payable, administrative reporting, and ID billing for the Maintenance and Facilities Services areas as well as the records management function of the Facility and Project Management department. Point of contact for maintenance and custodial requests. Facilitates bid processes and assembles contract documents for contracted services, including carpet and window cleaning, maintenance staff uniforms, etc. Coordinates and supervises contracted campus window and carpet cleaning. Along with Service Desk Coordinator, responsible for maintaining the department's strong customer satisfaction and service commitment.
- With Service Desk Coordinator, Maintenance Manager, and Facilities Services Manager, plans, organizes, and manages departmental services in support of university programs. Screens, prioritizes, and sequences service requests by estimating hours needed, assigning a schedule date, developing a materials list, and dispatching work orders to the Maintenance Foreman, contractor, or other staff. Coordinates work with campus customers, Facilities managers, and Maintenance Foreman.
- Develops tracking tools for the service desk and produces regular reports for the Director of Building and Grounds Services and other area managers.
- Responsible for ensuring completion and accuracy of monthly ID billing. Reconciles paid invoices being charged out against the appropriate work orders and accurately allocates to the campus cost centers.
- Responsible for accounts payable for maintenance and services areas of department operations. This includes, but is not limited to, general invoicing, housekeeping contract payments, gas card payments, elevator contract payments, and uniform contract payments. Resolves problems, issues, and discrepancies that are associated with invoicing.
- Coordinates bids and documents for annual maintenance and service contracts, including carpet cleaning, glass cleaning, carpet repair, fire extinguisher maintenance, elevator maintenance, pest control, glass repair, food service equipment, and generator maintenance.
- Coordinates annual and quarterly carpet and window cleaning across campus.
- Works with the city and other agencies to create and monitor central recycling facilities for student move in and move out activities. With Facilities Services Manager and sustainability staff, receives and resolves issues surrounding campus recycle and compost services.
- Produces department-wide schedule of maintenance activities for Facility &Project Management supervisors. During summer conference season, coordinates in-house and contracted housekeeping to clean and maintain units for summer guests. Requires interface with Service Desk Coordinator, Facilities Services Manager, and University Services.
- Responsible for maintaining a centralized, comprehensive, and secure records management program for University project and building records. Establishes policies and procedures for document collection and retention. Determines and implements records identification system for records management storage and retrieval.
- Evaluates records management needs of the department and recommends changes or modifications of procedures based on identified needs and project development.
- Point of contact for campus signage replacements and new signage for staff or relocated offices.
- Publishes on-call schedule for trades and updates weekly schedule to Security, Facilities staff and on-call personnel.
- All Facilities employees are designated as "essential staff" and are subject to working during times that the university closes due to inclement weather or an emergency.
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience. Degree or coursework in Business, Accounting or related field, a plus.
- Minimum three years in higher education or maintenance industries demonstrating progressively responsible experience in a service dispatch, billing/invoicing, or records management role. Minimum two years in a customer service role.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, flexible and willing to accept challenges. Good analytical and communication skills are essential.
- Employees in this position are considered "essential personnel," which requires them to report for duty during inclement weather and/or other emergencies that may result in University impairment, closure, or delayed start.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products including including Excel, Word, Teams, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of database software or computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) such as TMA, School Dude, or Maximo is preferred. Experience using hand-held radios, a plus.
Position will remain open until filled.
Salary: $42,000 - $44,400 annually
This is a full time position with excellent benefits. SPU pays the employee premium for medical, dental, and vision insurance. SPU makes contributions to an employee HSA account and to a retirement account after one year of eligibility in the plan. Tuition discount program available for the employee and qualified immediate family members.
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with the online application.