Seasonal: Facility Assistant
(June 1 – October 7, 2021)
South Shore Music Circus, Cohasset MA
To qualify for this position, you must be willing to commit to working the whole summer season including weekend and evening shifts. This is a hands-on position working with a team and under the direction of SSMC Facilities Manager. Assistant Facility Coordinator will assist with and oversee all day-to-day tasks, responsibilities, and staff including security, parking, and cleaning as coordinated with the Facility Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with and perform the maintenance of entire facility including grounds, equipment and production areas
- Assist with and perform painting, cleaning, raking, parking lot & bathroom maintenance and any other facility tasks as needed
- Opening and closing of facility as instructed by the Facility Manager
- Monitor overall security of facility at all time, recognize safety concerns and initiate course of action to address any issues
- Assist with Federal, State and Local requirements implementation and continue to stay on top of COVID related guidelines
- Discuss department priorities and tasks on a daily basis with Facility Manager and report task sheets to the Administrative Assistant
- Assist with creating and submitting staff scheduling as requested
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Friendly and energetic team player , with the ability to stay calm, pitch in and provide clear direction and leadership during busy times.
- Self-starter with the ability to keep productive during slower times.
- Organized team player that can jump to lower priority tasks when time allows to continue to improve the facility.
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of people, property, and institutions.
- Provide professional and courteous service to both patrons and staff
- Responsible for providing guidance and assistance in emergency situations based on training provided
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with management and peers
- Strong work ethic, with a can-do attitude; desire to work as part of a team; flexible and capable of multi-tasking under pressure.
- Access to reliable transportation, regular access to email.
Education, Experience & Training
- Must be 21 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of security guard (or equivalent), grounds/facility crew and/or Customer Service experience
- Formal public safety, event safety, or crowd management training and experience a plus
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. for 25 yards; capable of standing, walking, twisting, bending and climbing stairs on a frequent basis
- Ability to operate facility equipment – lawn mowers, tractor, saws, clippers etc.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
South Shore Music Circus, located in Cohasset, MA, is a 2300 seat all-ages, seasonal, tented outdoor theater. We have been presenting national touring live music, children’s theater, and comedy performances continuously for over 70 years.
Benefits and pay commensurate with experience
Click To Apply With Resume and Cover Letter