American Axle & Manufacturing has openings for Lead Product Engineers - Actuation Components at the company’s facility Detroit, Michigan.
Job duties include:
- Design, development and release of actuation components, including gears, shift sleeves, shift rails & forks, clutches, shafts, seals, gaskets, bearings, springs, housings, and fasteners;
- Analyze actuation component requirements to create engineering documentation and work plans to complete project deliverables, including Product specifications, DFMEA, DFM/DFA, GD&T dimension schemes, tolerance stacks, material selection, bills of materials (BoMs), drawings, and models;
- Define and execute ADVP&Rs and DVP&Rs including limit samples and production variation;
- Lead engineering activities to meet product requirements and program timing defined by customer/systems/application/program management teams;
- Participate in VA/VE activities to generate cost savings.
Position requires: Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Automotive Engineering, or a related engineering field, or foreign equivalent education, and 5 years post baccalaureate progressive experience working in the automotive industry. 5 years’ experience is required in each of the following:
- Engineering design and development of actuation components.
- Define and execute ADVP&R and/or DVP&R of actuation components.
- Define and implement DFMEA methodology for actuation components.
- Define, develop and execute VA/VE activities for actuation components.
- Work with cross-functional teams including systems, internal & external customers, suppliers and service departments.
Experience may be obtained concurrently.
Applicants should apply on line at AAM.com/careers and reference job ID 189842.