Spirit Mountain Casino is hiring
Security Officer I and II
Hire-on Bonus up to $1,000
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $14.09 Hourly
Job Shift: Any
Patrols Casino and Casino premises to maintain order, enforce regulations and ensure observance of applicable laws and regulation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Patrols grounds, lobbies, corridors, and public rooms.
- Investigates crimes, including thefts, domestic disturbances, alcohol-related incidents, vandalism, gang activity, drug-related activity, and prostitution.
- Answers incoming phone calls and directs appropriately to dispatch, security podium and employee entrance areas.
- Enforces compliance with Gaming Regulations, Minimum Internal Controls Standards, Casino Policies and Procedures, and Local, State, and Federal laws.
- Monitors and observes the consumption and service of alcoholic beverages and removes guests in violation of casino policies and procedures. Enforces OLCC laws and rules.
- Protects money room, administrative offices and other areas of the Casino and Lodge.
- Properly identifies all employees entering the business.
- Performs funds verifications, table games and slot machine drops, and transports of funds between departments, including fills, credits and escorts or funds and personnel.
- Warns or excludes guests that are in violation of Casino policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and conditions requiring correction; writes reports including actions taken.
- Responds to emergency medical calls, including life threatening situation and deaths.
- Provides traffic control, implements evacuation plans and routes and maintains crowd control at entry points when necessary.
- Set up temporary landing zones for Life Flight helicopters.
- May perform generator checks on regular basis and patrol RV lot to ensure all overnight guests have registered.
Spirit Mountain Standards:
- Delivers Spirit Mountain's Spirit of Excellence (SOE) by consistently modeling attitudes and behaviors in alignment with SMGI's Pride Values, Brand Promise, and Business Vision.
- Learns comprehends and complies with all Company and departmental policies and procedures, MICS, gaming regulations, and Regulation Chapter 5 requirements.
- Follows all Corporate and departmental safety policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge of:
- Principles, practices, and techniques of providing security services.
- Tactics and methods of self-defense.
- Computer hardware and software applications.
Required Skills in:
- Providing safety and security services.
- Confronting and physically restraining aggressive, violent, or abusive people.
- Performing alcohol intervention techniques.
- Operating computer hardware and software applications.
- Communicating both orally and in writing.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
Education, Experience, Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and six (6) months guest service, security, military, law enforcement, corrections, firefighter, or emergency medical services work experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. In the case that guest service is the only experience; the casino will provide new hires security training at the Security department's expense.
- High security gaming license issued by the Grand Ronde Gaming Commission.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and be eligible for the company insurance.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain First Aid and CPR Certification within six months of employment.
- Must successfully pass testing related to following skills: typing, customer service mindset and report writing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/ Physical Requirements:
- Work is normally performed in a gaming environment, frequently exposed to loud noise and tobacco smoke.
- Work is normally subject to frequent standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, kneeling and routine lifting of objects up to 25 pounds, with occasional lifting and/or moving of objects up to 200 pounds with or without assistance.
- Routine use of hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasional exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather, and Oleo Resin Capsicum.
- Must be able to pass random drug tests in accordance with Company policy.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
- Equipment utilized includes personal computer, standard office equipment, equipment used in the provision of emergency and security services such as latex gloves, sharp shuttles, scissors, ID checker, handcuffs, flashlights, jump pack, lug wrench, car jack, telephone, audio/video equipment, two-way radio, and department vehicles.