Spirit Mountain Casino is hiring a
Hire-on Bonus up to $1,000
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: $13.20
Job Shift: Any
Processes gaming funds and performs a variety of cashier functions.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by this position. Employee(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in safeguarding the Casino's monetary assets.
- Maintains compliance with the Casino's policies, procedures, gaming regulations, and Minimum Internal Control Standards.
- Provides customer service and responds to guest inquiries.
- Cashes personal, payroll, traveler's, and/or other types of checks.
- Exchanges currency and makes change.
- Performs debit and cash advance transactions.
- Redeems slot tickets and exchanges gaming chips for cash.
- Documents guest transactions in the Multiple Transaction Log and records all winnings in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Prepares exchanges and sells various items including chips and tickets to the vault.
- Processes frontline cashier chip exchanges and/or Slots and Keno jackpots.
- Replenishes kiosk cassettes and/or Table Games chips.
- Performs data entry and prepares cashier records and documentation.
Spirit Mountain Standards:
- Delivers Spirit Mountain's Branded Customer Service (BCS) by consistently modeling attitudes and behaviors in alignment with SMGI's Pride Values, Brand Promise, and Business Vision.
- Learns, comprehends, and complies with all Company and departmental policies and procedures, MICS, gaming regulations, and Regulation 31 requirements.
- Follows all Corporate and departmental safety policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge of:
- Cage operations, policies, procedures, and equipment.
- Gaming regulations and Minimum Internal Control Standards.
- Cash handling processes and procedures.
- Cashier records and documentation.
- Customer service standards and protocol.
Required Skill in:
- Performing cashier functions and providing customer service within a cage environment.
- Processing large sums of money and maintaining accurate cashier records.
- Maintaining compliance with regulations governing cashier activities.
- Providing assistance in safeguarding the Casino's monetary assets.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
Education, Experience, Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and one (1) year cash handling and customer service experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- High security gaming license issued by the Grand Ronde Gaming Commission.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/ Physical Requirements:
- Work is performed in a gaming environment with frequent exposure to tobacco smoke, noise, and hazards associated with handling money.
- Work is subject to frequent standing, and intermittent walking, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Equipment and Tools Utilized
- Equipment utilized includes personal computer, standard office equipment, coin and currency counting equipment, scanners, shredders and motorized carts.
The above statements are intended to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by this position and the employee acknowledges receipt of the job description.