Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media company Newsquest. There's never been a better time to join our talented team.
At Gannett, Inclusion, Diversity and Equity are core pillars of our organization and influence all that we do. We foster an environment that lifts all voices and welcomes everyone to take part in our journey into the future where every employee is heard, respected, and given an equal opportunity to thrive.
Social Video Producer
The Arizona Republic/azcentral.com, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is looking for a social media and video producer to join our audience engagement team.
The ideal candidate should have experience creating video content optimized for social media, be able to effectively connect our journalism with audiences across social platforms and enjoy brainstorming creative ways to grow audiences on new and existing social platforms.
This position is part of the team that manages The Arizona Republics main branded accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social platforms. The team optimizes the distribution of our journalism on social platforms to attract and engage new audiences. They build trust with our audience by curating a voice on each social platform that reflects the personalities and interests of Arizonans while remaining a reliable source for accurate and timely news updates.
This role will still have a hand in managing and growing our Facebook and Twitter accounts, but your main priority will be creating social videos to reach younger audiences on emerging platforms.
We're looking for someone who is well-versed in emerging platforms and features such as Tik Tok and Instagram Reels with a strong sense of what makes videos successful on those platforms. This is a role for someone with experience in audience engagement who is excited by the idea of experimenting strategically to connect with underserved audiences.
Candidates should have some experience managing social media at a news outlet, including during breaking news and live events. Video editing experience is preferred. Comfort using analytics tools such as CrowdTangle, Google Analytics, and social engagement insights is also a plus.
This is a new and unique role, and we understand not every applicant will have this specific combination of skills and experience. But if this job sounds exciting to you and you have ideas that can contribute to our vision, please consider applying.
- Help develop strategy for using socially optimized videos to grow audiences on emerging social platforms.
- Pitch and produce video content for various social media platforms.
- Collaborate with reporters and editors across the newsroom on social-optimized videos for enterprise projects.
- Monitor social media trends for story and video ideas.
- Help manage azcentral Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Brainstorm and pitch audience engagement initiatives with user generated content.
- Bachelor's or masters degree in communications, journalism or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years experience managing social media for a news organization.
- Experience creating short videos optimized for social media.
- Experience working with Adobe Premiere or other video editing software.
- Experience using social management tools such as Social News Desk.
- Experience working with Tik Tok, Instagram Reels or other emerging social platforms and features is a plus.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, dont limit your upload to a resume; show us what youve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
3. Links to 5 online samples of digital storytelling. Show us what youve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.