- Assist the Product Development Department in designing unique products to expand Legacy’s product line.
- Create engineering drawings, 3-D CAD, create and maintaining other engineering documentation.
Responsibilities (major functions and accountabilities)
- Translate sales and marketing product requirements to quantifiable product specifications
- Design new and unique products to meet specifications
- Create 3-D CAD models and drawings using Solidworks
- Assist with the implementation of Solidworks PDM Enterprise
- Write procedures for testing and other engineering activities
- Assist in testing of products, competitive product evaluation
- Complete test summary documentation and reports
- Work with factories, suppliers, and operations in preparing for manufacturing
- Complete product analyses to determine root cause of product failures
- Other functions as requested
Job Qualifications (education, formal training, skills and experience required)
- Two year associates degree with emphasis in Engineering Sciences with two years of field experience required. BSME preferred.
- Previous experience designing industrial or consumer retail products a must.
- Expertise in CAD software: Solidworks, Solidworks Enterprise PDM, etc.
- Proficient with MS Office software: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access
- Attention to Detail
- Creative problem solving
- Work well in cross functional team environment
- Understanding of general report writing and documentation
- Experience following engineering procedures
- Hands on, mechanically inclined
- Knowledge of materials used in manufacturing, benefits, and processing.
- Experience designing parts for multiple manufacturing processes
- Project management experience a plus
Click apply now to email your resume today!