UTLX Manufacturing is the largest manufacturer, lessor, and maintainer of railcars in North America. With roots dating back over 125 years to Standard Oil Co. and John D. Rockefeller, UTLX, along with Canadian affiliate Procor, owns and leases a diversified portfolio of approximately 120,000 tank cars and 10,000 freight cars, operates two tank car manufacturing facilities as well as a network of more than 110 full-service and mini/mobile repair locations. Owned by the Marmon Group and Berkshire Hathaway.
UTLX offers an opportunity to be a part of a top-notch team where enthusiasm, expertise and progressive thinking are valued.
UTLX offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Paid time off and holidays
- Competitive retirement plans
- Short-term and long-term disability programs
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts
This position is located at our facility in Alexandria, LA and is looking for the ideal candidate to join our team.
- Compile, accurately process, and maintain payroll records for the businesses within the group
- Audits the accuracy of data
- Generates and distributes various general reports, as needed
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies within payroll
- Assist with accounts payables through the standard A/P workflow process
- Performs general clerical support to include organizational skills, data entry, filing, photocopying, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of basic general accounting principles
- 1-2 years of accounts payable and payroll processing experience
- Experience with ADP Enterprise or Workforce Now is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication skills, listening skills, attention to details, and ability to organize and retrieve information
- Understanding and ability to maintain confidentiality of data
- Ability to read and understand procedures
- Excellent spreadsheet and word-processing computer skills
- Strong math skills