PD CAD Engineer
San Diego , California , United States
Posted: Apr 5, 2021
Role Number: 200236354
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you'll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You'll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you'll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. As a member of the CAD team, you will create and support innovative physical design methodology and CAD flow. You will collaborate with physical design teams, CAD teams, and EDA vendors.
- Experience in P&R and flow development.
- Understand various aspects of partition level PNR including floorplanning, power planning, placement, timing/power optimization, CTS, routing, UPF
- Understanding and exposure to extraction and timing analysis flows
- Understand hierarchical P&R issues is a key (top-level floor planning, pin-assignment, clock-distribution, UPF, power-distribution, multi-voltage design, pad ring construction, placement, optimization, and routing)
- Strong scripting knowledge preferred.
- Proven track record of managing, and regressing P&R flows.
- You should be familiar with chip-finishing issues (metal-fill, spare-cells, DFM rules, boundary-cells, etc.) for the latest generations of process technologies.
- We are looking for a self-motivated, dedicated problem solver. Strong interpersonal/communication skills are a requirement.
- Innovus or ICC knowledge is a plus.
Provide innovative solutions to support and improve the quality of physical design. Work with chip design teams to implement and customize design flows that are optimal for a given chip Provide documentation, training, and new-user-support. Responsible for diagnosis, resolution, and regression of reported problems.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in EE/CS or equivalent.