Apple Media Products, A/B Platform Engineer
Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Mar 1, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200226308
- Able to partner with business and engineering leaders as a strategic advisor on how to best demonstrate the offerings and services of AMP's A/B platform to achieve our strategic goals.
- Proactively seeks solutions to engineering problems, communicates trends to leadership, and suggests innovative solutions on behalf of our internal partners
- Develops a detailed understanding of the diverse offerings and technical capabilities of the Evaluation and Experimentation team in AMP and recommends product features and capabilities to solve business problems.
- Connects technical specialists between organizations for detailed requirements and implementation.
- Demonstrates leadership, attention to detail, and the ability to gain respect across teams
- Ability to influence colleagues and executives with data-driven explanations. Proven presentation experience.
- Desire to evangelize new products and features of our AB Platform.
- Make the people around you more effective and productive.
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Java, iOS development, and Go are a plus
- Experience in Data Visualization is a plus
- Statistics background a plus
This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior software engineer who has a passion for partnering with business and technical leaders to influence roadmaps for product capabilities for both short and long term improved outcomes. As a key member on the AMP A/B Testing team, you will be responsible for supporting strategic projects and initiatives to improve experiences, drive feature adoption, and guide engineers and data scientists toward the best technical solutions. This role collaborates extensively with cross-functional teams like Engineering, Business Management, Product, and Program Management. Areas of focus include Search, Recommendations, and Commerce across Apple's Media Products In this role, you will combine your passion and creativity to generate attention and support for AB testing among key internal partners. You will be given the autonomy to be an assertive and vocal advocate for the AMP A/B Platform and help to ensure engineers can take advantage of our platform's capabilities The ideal candidate loves to share their passion with others and shows good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don't just want to be part of a great company, you want to be help lead it.
Education & Experience
BA/BS or higher in computer science.