Bay Cove Human Services, Inc. a leading Massachusetts human services organization, seeks a Nurse II to join us in our mission to provide high-quality services to adults who face the life-long challenges of mental illness, aging and drug and alcohol dependency. The Nurse II will be responsible for the care of patients in the unit and asses changes in patient conditions. The detoxification center is an acute treatment facility which provides medically monitored services to men who need short-term detoxification from alcohol, heroin and other opiates.
We are looking for someone who strive to:
- Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- Medicate PRN, according to standing orders.
- Telephone and initial screen of all patients for admission, obtaining an as medically accurate history as possible.
- Keep accurate nursing notes describing patients' physical conditions and activities.
- Record all medications.
- Narcotic count at beginning and end of shift.
- Thoroughly and accurately report patients' status for the oncoming shift.
- Report unusual events to Director of Nurses, Director or Assistant Director.
- Observe for signs and symptoms of medication toxicity/psychiatric in the dually diagnosed.
- Conduct condition checks every hour and more frequently as required in the disorganized and suicidal client.
- Participate in ongoing discharge planning with counseling staff and administrators.
What you will need to bring:
- Licensure- Massachusetts registration or license in nursing.
- Experience – Experience involving acute admissions on either a medical, surgical or emergency service preferred.
- Prior substance abuse experience preferred.
- Will train New Grads.
- Keywords: Nurse, Nursing, Healthcare, Human Services, Substance Abuse, Detox, ATS, Clinical, Medical, Nonprofit, Human Services, Recovery
- Driving License Required? Yes