Location: Devens - Massachusetts
Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation's Motion Control Business is seeking a Business Managerto lead a team responsible for our global portfolio of independent cart technologies (ICT). This role requires global leadership & accountability for the strategic development and management of business plans, revenue goal achievement, product lifecycles, market competitiveness and pricing setting initiatives for the ICT portfolio.
In addition, this role will require mentoring and oversight of product management professionals in their responsibilities such as forecasting, budgeting, growth initiatives, profitability, customer requirements, technical resolutions, and customer satisfaction while ensuring the successful launch of new products and commercial messages.
This is an extremely dynamic role that will requires the individual to effectively manage multiple priorities, lead others, and clearly communicate to all internal and external customers & stakeholders with appropriate sense of urgency. As the lead influencer for this portfolio, this person acts as the liaison between market needs, product management, technology research and development functions while interacting frequently with sales, end customers, channel & business partners, and all levels of business leadership.
- Achieve portfolio revenue and share growth goals by executing strategy and product roadmaps
- Evaluate pricing and recommend business opportunities consistent with business performance objectives
- Monitor and drive business performance by analyzing financial results, regional successes & opportunities, review customer funnels, and leveraging market research resources.
- Help drive innovation and build a funnel of organic and in-organic business opportunities that target scale and profitability for the business
- Gather customer and market requirements for current and future products by initiating and leading market research, voice of customer, and direct customer engagements.
- Analyze market, customer and competitive trends to develop portfolio strategies & implementation plans aligned with our business growth plan & Rockwell Automation objectives.
- Recruit, develop and retain qualified high talent product management professionals
- Provide leadership and guidance to cross functional teams consisting of Commercial Marketing, Quality Assurance, Industrialization, Operations, and Partners to insure business performance & highly positive customer experiences.
- Demonstrate the ability to be both technical and commercial "expert" for internal and external customers
- Initiate & contribute to cross business projects to enhance technology understanding and influence the evolution of products and solutions.
- Continuously monitor the competitive landscape and help identify disruptive technologies, key partnerships, and alliances where necessary to achieve business objectives
- Manage critical internal and external partnerships to assure offering continuity to meet our customer application requirements.
- Keep current on industry trends and changing market and/or regulatory requirements, and competitive products relative to the assigned portfolio and motion business objectives.
- Periodically communicate vital strategic and financial information to the portfolio group and business leadership, including senior level leaders in a clear and effective manner.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or similar discipline
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- MS, MBA or similar graduate level degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of management or equivalent team leadership experience
- 10+ years relevant experience in the industrial automation, motion/motor control, or similar industry
- Previous experience with product marketing or application engineering and a close familiarity with the functions of business strategy, product development, production, application, sales and distribution
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 30% of the time
- Experience with Rockwell Automation, and specifically motion control & mechatronics products and application solutions is a plus.
"This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor."
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).