Location: 5000-R360 E&P Region Office
The Woodlands, Texas
We have a position available for an Assistant Controller. This position would require that you relocate to another one of our locations after a 12 - 18 month training period.
- Performing monthly financial close functions through preparation of financial statements for each operating location
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Preparation of annual financial budgets
- Preparation of detailed budget, income or expenditure reports
- Completion of monthly financial projection analysis
- Rate analysis and review
- Managing flow of accounting data to/from remote facilities
- Evaluating and assessing internal controls and operating results including analysis of budget to actual results; presents cost reduction recommendations to management
- Providing training to non-financial personnel on internal control compliance and accounting procedures
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 12 credit hours accounting coursework is absolutely required, Master preferred
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Must have 1-3 years of experience as either a senior accountant or assistant controller role
- Must be willing to travel to local sites 25% of the time. Typical travel consist of 1-2 day trips.
- MUST be willing to relocate with 12 - 18months
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related accounting business systems
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V.)