Framework Engineer, Video Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Apr 6, 2021
Role Number: 200236576
The Video Applications group develops leading media creation applications including Final Cut Pro X, iMovie, Motion, and Clips. Our team is looking for an experienced, hands-on Frameworks Engineer to own the design and development of a new platform to deliver digital assets at scale to future versions of our media creation apps. Do you have a deep understanding of modern, highly-scalable web service architectures and familiarity with headless content management systems? If so, come join us on the Video Applications team and help drive the future of our media creation applications.
- Strong hands-on experience designing, implementing, and deploying highly-scalable RESTful services on cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Expert knowledge of modern cloud architecture design principles and best practices
- In-depth knowledge and working experience with Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience building software for iOS and/or macOS platforms
- Hands-on development experience with Swift and/or Objective-C
- Understanding of good framework architecture design principles, building client facing APIs that are highly testable, understanding of Protocol Oriented Programming (POP)
- Experience with CloudKit, CoreData, Swift Package Manager, XCTest, profiling with Xcode Instruments
- Understanding building tools and automation workflows for CI pipelines using Python or similar scripting languages
- Self-motivated and a collaborative team player with strong communication skills
This is an extraordinary opportunity to apply your expertise in Cocoa framework development, and scalable web technologies in order to enhance media creation products that reach tens of millions of users. You will be responsible for translating platform requirements into a detailed, best-of-breed architecture. You will work closely with cloud infrastructure teams within Apple in order to identify & leverage existing technologies, deliver swift frameworks to be used across client applications, as well as drive development of the platform and coordinate closely with product teams to integrate into their applications. In this role you will go beyond the norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, think dynamically, and adapt quickly to new technical environments. We promote innovation to improve our product performance and stay deeply focused on delighting our users.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Sciences degree in Computer Science or related field.