Location: 2195-YakimaWaste MainOps 2812
Local CDL Route driver offering $1,000 Bonus
Yakima Waste, a Waste Connections Company is looking for a safety conscience Residential Rear Load Driver to join the team in Yakima Washington. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus!
** We are offering a $1,000 Stay on Bonus for Commercial Licensed Drivers who join our team**
Hours will be 6am- to when the Route is complete. This route typically averages about 45 hours a week. Starting Rate of pay will be $19.82/Hr, and will continue to increase up to $23.33/HR 1 year from your start date.
Click on the following link to chat with a Virtual assistant about this opportunity: https://olivia.paradox.ai/in/WasteConnections/AshleyAdamson
Looking for a Career Path with a G R O W I N G Company?! As a member of our elite team of Drivers, you will feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal, making our Customer Service the best in the industry! Do you have a Class A CDL? Does driving a LOCAL route every day sound great? If the answer is Yes, then you're who were looking for!
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services. The Company serves more than 7 million residential, commercial and industrial customers across 40 States, The District of Columbia and 6 Canadian Provinces. Forbes Magazine voted Waste Connections as one of the Top 200 small & mid-cap Companies in America", 3 Years in a Row!
Click here to view a "Day in the Life" of our Drivers: http://www.maddash.net/videos/waste-connections/driver
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits.
- Boot Allowance of $300.00 Per Year
- Safety Bonus of up to $1,300 with out an accidents.
- $1,000 Stay on Bonus
- Stable Employment with growth opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to read route tablet and service each customer identified on the Route Tablet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers 400+ Stops Daily.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an occasional Saturday as needed, 45 hour work week.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Disposing of contents from Garbage cans Manually into the back of the Garbage truck.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)